Monday, January 24, 2011

I co-started a blog and wound up in Texas


One of the reasons why I ended Friday Flash Fiction was because the blog was because cutting into both my time with my family and it was screwing up my writing deadlines.  I knew that if I were to recommence with another writing prompt blog, it couldn't be a repeat of the last experience.  Well, I had good momentum on a project going into this last session, and Icarus just shot that down.  Come last Saturday morning, we had exactly two stories turned in, and David, because he was preoccupied with getting things in order with the Flash Fiction Offensive, turned his in a little tardy.

Now, before I say anything else, I would like to reemphasize that Nicole is without a steady Internet connection at this time.  She would like to participate more, but this still might be a challenge in the near future.  Whatever she does with this blog, I will support her wholeheartedly, but I will no longer be co-moderating it.  Whatever you may feel about me, please, Nicole deserves your support.  She has put in a lot of time, love and effort into this project.

Sincerely,

Cormac A. Brown

7 comments:

Sue H said...

The way to hell is paved with good intentions......

Sorry Cormas (and you too, Nicole!)

I had every good intention of resuming regular contributions to this and other sites, pending health issues that have been plagueing me for the last few months. Therefore I'd more or less resolved to wait until retirement (which event occurs in the next few days!!!) and start afresh.

I will try to take part - hopefully a few others will too.

Sue H said...

....and I can't even type your name correctly......mea culpa

David Barber said...

I'm getting a feeling FB and Twitter are eating away at peoples time more than they realise. Blogger seems to be getting quieter.....or is it just me?

Another sad and annoying situation. You know my feelings on this. I'll support Nicole when she is ready for getting Icarus up and running again.

See you round the blogosphere, my friend.....I hope! ;-)

Nicole E. Hirschi aka CJT said...

I too am saddened by the departure of my co-moderator. I will miss you greatly Cormac. I do so hope that you will still let me email you my "HELP" moments in doing this alone.

I am going to be making a few changes, such as deadlines... we are going to have a floating deadline that will be between the third and fourth week of the month... this is to better accomidate my more than unstable internet situation.

I too had my story finished, but alas with the lack of internet could not post it in time, so the dreaded deadline snuck up on not just the participants but the moderators as well.

Any suggestions you as followers have for me would be more than gladly accepted.

Cormac I will mourn your loss as co-moderator, but will gladly look forward to your support.

Sue, I look forward to your stories with the next session and understand completely that sometimes life grabs us by the horns!

David, I think I agree with your comment, and am gladdened to have your support. I am making it a goal to be a little more active in the blog-o-sphere and get my writing back up to par.

Good luck to us all! (I have a feeling I'm going to need it...)

Cormac Brown said...

Sue,

"Cormas?" I've gotten a little larger over the years, but...

Three and a half more days until you get to up end your desk, and tell them to take a long walk off a short pier. Congratulations! I hope that you will find a resurgance in your writing with your new found time.

David,

Especially Facebook! We're glad to have you and Sue on board for the future, thanks to both of you.

Nicole,

I'm here! I'm right here! Whenever you need me, just holler. I still have a boat load of pics, I'll post them to a draft file for you when I have the time.

Sam Raddon said...

My apologies for being late, I had every intention for posting a piece, and time just snuck past me. I'll do my best to be here for the next deadline, you have my support (if it's any consolation)

Cormac Brown said...

Sam,

Your support is greatly appreciated and there is a new challenge afoot.