Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Third Session

Look up in the sky!

It's a bird!

No, it's a plane!

No, it's Icarus' Flight To Perfection!




While one moderator is with little or no Internet access, the other hides in a corner and rocks in a fetal position (obviously not Nicole/Coraline).  Maybe since it is almost December, we need a third moderator that has frankincense and myrrh?  Well, I'll crawl out of my mental hole long enough to set up the third session by using two previous starter sentences from our first poll-

David says, "When you say you're in, you're in. Get it?"

MRM says, "The red sky that morning should have been my warning."

Plus, I'll add this one, "Sometimes...promises are made to be broken."


Whichever of the three selections that you choose from, you must write a story (or poem) with a minimum 150 words and maximum of 1300 words. The sentence can be anywhere in the story, but it must be there in its entirety.

This sounds simple enough, but if you've done this before, then you know better. If you are in, please say so in the comments section of this post. Have your story done by Saturday @ 9 AM Pacific, December 18th, all right?

15 comments:

David Barber said...

Right, this time I'm not going to miss it!!! We've had six inches of snow overnight and it's still snowing so there's a chance I may not be able to get to work. I will have no excuse.

Count me in!

The Moderators said...

David,

There you go, and that's definitely a motivator when the roads are all shut down. I wonder if I would be a bit more prolific if I were living in a cold, snow-filled nation like the one that Mr. Brazill resides in.

Beach Bum said...

I'm in on this one as well.

Nicole E. Hirschi aka CJT said...

I'm in as long as I can get internet to post the bastard! (sigh) such is my life at the moment...

The Moderators said...

Beach,

Outstanding.

Nicole,

Please, oh please, type it on your smart phone, because the results would be so fun
; )

Nicole E. Hirschi aka CJT said...

Cormac,
You know that my smart phone isn't as smart as everyone thinks it is, it just pretends to be smart most of the time and stupid when you need it to be smart! I have my piece done, I'll try to get it posted tonight... have to find a place to get internet!!!

Oh and I was going to say... Your little description of your moderator without internet, and the other hiding in a corner, they both describe me as of late. Ha Ha Ha, oops for the holidays it should be Ho Ho Holy shit I sound as smart as my smart phone right now LOL!

Coraline J. Thompson said...

TA DA!!! Finally got it to post and post correctly, and no Cormac, it wasn't using my smart phone!

Decisions

Katherine Tomlinson said...

Okay. I'm in. And if I say I'm in, I'm in. Got it?

Beach Bum said...

Done.

The Moderators said...

Nicole,

"Ho Ho Holy Shit," indeed. I say the same thing, every single September.

Coraline,

I believe I just called you "Caroline." All will be explained next week. The story is loaded.

Katherine,

Looking forward to it, and I will be amazed, especially with this month's deadlines.

Beach,

Got it.

Berowne said...

I just learned about this. So, I'm in -- providing I can make tomorrow's deadline. :-)

The Moderators said...

Berowne,

Aye, there's the rub. More power to you if you can.

David Barber said...

YES!!! I've made it! Woohoo! Saying that, I wrote it about an hour ago. Don't know if its up to much but heyho.

http://davidbarberfiction.blogspot.com/2010/12/monster.html

Mal said...

Always in Darl, just do what ya can as always.

The Moderators said...

Mal,

For January?