Friday, October 29, 2010

The Second Session

Wax those feathers and make ready for flight, your starter sentences are:

"The first time his/her/their payment was handed over I figured it was a one time deal, but the second time?"

"Of all nights that I had to trespass into the world of darkness it was this night."

"It was Sunday, and there shouldn't have been a letter in the mailbox, but there was."





Whichever of the three selections that you choose from, you must write a story (or poem) with a minimum 150 words and maximum of 1300 words. The sentence can be anywhere in the story, but it must be there in its entirety.

This sounds simple enough, but if you've done this before, then you know better. If you are in, please say so. Have your story done by Saturday @ 9 AM Pacific, November 20th, all right?

13 comments:

Paul D. Brazill said...

May give it a go...

Cormac Brown said...

Paul Decibels,

I look forward to it!

Nicole E. Hirschi aka CJT said...

ok, move is complete, so count me in!

The Moderators said...

Nicole,

Cool!

Beach Bum said...

I'll give it a shot.

Sue H said...

I don't know if I'll have time for this deadline - but I'm pleased to see the challenge up and running. :-)

I'd like to contribute in future, if you'll have me?

The Moderators said...

Beach,

All right! You planted the seed for this a long time ago when parenting and life's pressures cut your participation with F-F-F.

Sue,

It would be an honor to have you on board, and maybe you can still make this session, as there is still a little over twelve days left.

Flannery Alden said...

Ok, you got me. I'll be there.

The Moderators said...

Secret Agent Flan,

Excellent, this is shaping up to be quite an outing!

Beach Bum said...

Done, and under the word limit.

The Moderators said...

Beach,

A nice little foray into espionage, and don't let anyone any different.

Flannery Alden said...

Here's mine...short but not so sweet. The Lone School Marm Speaks

Nicole E. Hirschi aka CJT said...

Deadline or no deadline- here's mine!

http://wordvamp.blogspot.com/2010/11/lost-spirits.html