Saturday, September 25, 2010

Icarus' October Flight To Perfection

For the Premiere Session; you can chose from one of the following two sentences, or the four words.

"It occurred to him just a little too late, that a good woman really is worth more than her weight in gold."

"He pulled the mask over his face and he whispered, 'c'mon, baby needs a new pair of shoes.'"


Trip.  Triptych.  Pick. Tropic.




Whichever of the three selections that you chose from, you must write a story (or poem) with a minimum of 150 words and a maximum of 1,300 words.  If you chose from one of the two sentences, the sentence can be anywhere in the story, but it must be there in its entirety.  Likewise, the four words, but obviously they can be in any order.

This sounds simple enough, but if you've done this before, you know better. If you are in, please say so. Have it done by Saturday @9 AM Pacific, October 23rd, all right? 

15 comments:

David Barber said...

Oh yes! TheTwo Blokes want to play as well. :-)

MDJB said...

I want to try this. The site looks inviting.

Mal said...

Absolutely Great idea for sure , would like to participate , sounds inviting & challenging as well.

Nicole E. Hirschi aka CJT said...

David, I'm so glad that you are going to participate!

Michael, I look forward to seeing what you bring to the table.

Mal, Hope you can find the time!

As for me, I'm in!!!
-Your fellow Moderator

Cormac Brown said...

A big thanks to Nicole for welcoming everyone and an even bigger thanks for everyone that has stopped by. I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen and I'm also in.

Randal Graves said...

I came here for the writing and all I got was this waxy buildup.

Cormac Brown said...

Randal,

Well, use some of it on your skis and the rest on your surfboard.

And, yes, I've seen people surfing in Cleveland on "No Reservations."

MRMacrum said...

Interesting. I just got used to writing from the hip and now you guys have created a challenge I get to anquish over for a month. I'll see what I can come up with.

The Moderators said...

MRM,

I hope you're ready and with this blog, there will be plenty of time.

Nicole E. Hirschi aka CJT said...

Randal - you're just jealous that you only got wax and didn't manage to get a single feather... they all went into my wickedly cool hat for halloween!

MRM - totally stoked you've made it!

Let the stories begin...bwahahaha

Gaye Bear said...

Hi, I'm glad to be joining in the fun again. Here's my first story for the new site and I've used the words trip, triptych, pick and tropic.

http://gayediannebear.blogspot.com/2010/10/when-compasses-go-crazy.html

Cormac Brown said...

Gabby,

Psst, early as usual, eh?
; )

Coraline J. Thompson said...

As your fellow moderator, I figured it was getting close to time I had mine finished, and here it is!

I've probably gone above and beyond, but... once I started I just couldn't stop myself...

Love Triangles

MRMacrum said...

Mine's up.

Pool Anyone?

The Moderators said...

Nicole and Mike,

Excellent work!